Get more search results

Tell us your ideas to make TorrentRover better.
Pajamas
10+ Posts
10+ Posts
Get more search results

Post by Pajamas » Sat May 03, 2014 8:39 am

Greetings,

Thank you for making this software, I use it frequently and recommend it to everyone I talk to.

I have a feature request. I always have to hit "Get more search results", it would be nice if I could set an option to search the maximum number of times instead of having to hit the button 34 times.

Is there such a thing already?

- Pajamas

John
Owner
Owner
Sex:Male

Re: Get more search results

Post by John » Tue May 06, 2014 7:43 am

Thank you for the request pajamas. I like the idea. I'd be happy to add it into the next version. I just have to consider how it would look and behave from a practical perspective. Do you have any input into how the feature would look/work?
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

Pajamas
10+ Posts
10+ Posts

Post by Pajamas » Wed May 07, 2014 12:06 pm

Under Preferences-Searching-quick search a third section could have the check box and or input field.

the check box could say "always search maximum number of pages" and the input field could allow for an override where you can specify up to how many pages to search at a time.

ie, on a search that returns 34 pages of results, checking the box would search all 34 pages by default. if a number is entered into the input field like "5" 5 pages would be searched and the "get more search results" button would search in 5 page increments.

I suppose this option could also be incorporated into the "get more search results" button itself maybe as a drop down and or an additional button but that would require more clicking whereas in preferences it would be the default action.

Thanks!

John
Owner
Owner

Post by John » Thu May 08, 2014 5:51 pm

I love the idea. In fact, it's been on my to-do list for some time now. I just haven't been able to get to it yet.

I think the option will be in a drop down menu next to the Get More button. I don't think it's practical to get all pages, especially if there are lots of pages. That would slow down TorrentRover as well as anger the torrent sites. I'll probably allow you to get 5, 10, or 20 pages at a time. I don't think anyone will use the 20 option because it'll take longer than most people will want to wait.

Does that sound good? Any more thoughts?
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

John
Owner
Owner

Post by John » Fri May 09, 2014 8:57 am

Here's a preview of what it will look like. I think I'm going to change the icon so that the plus is the number of pages to get when the button is pressed. That way you don't have to check the drop down menu every time to make sure you know how many pages it'll get.
TorrentRover Get More Pages.png
TorrentRover Get More Pages.png (47.25KiB)Viewed 31965 times
TorrentRover Get More Pages 2.png
TorrentRover Get More Pages 2.png (49.79KiB)Viewed 31965 times

TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

John
Owner
Owner

Post by John » Sat May 10, 2014 7:13 pm

It's implemented and working great in version 0.22.2. I hope you like it!

Ask and you shall receive.
get more multiple pages.png
get more multiple pages.png (73.87KiB)Viewed 31958 times

TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

Pajamas
10+ Posts
10+ Posts

Post by Pajamas » Mon May 19, 2014 10:16 am

DUDE!

Tis is awesome, I use it constantly. I can't thank you enough.

- Pajamas

Sxandy
New User
New User
Sex:Female

Post by Sxandy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:12 am

Emit is like plex but you dont have to authenticate through the plex server. You load a service on your machine with watch folders and then on android or ios you load the emit app. The interface is a folder view and works with any type of audio or video file. it transcodes on the fly and playback is very smooth with ability to skip around the timeline. You can play files through their website interface but I've always used the mobile app. You get a 9 digit pin code that you use to "find" your server from outside your network but when you're n your local network it just shows up automatically. You can also password protect so even if someone gets into your server they cant see your folders unless they have the additional password.

dieting
New User
New User

Post by dieting » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:10 pm

I don't think it's practical to get all pages, especially if there are lots of pages. That would slow down TorrentRover as well as anger the torrent sites. I'll probably allow you to get 5, 10, or 20 pages at a time. I don't think anyone will use the 20 option because it'll take longer than most people will want to wait.???
GuL