A very tiny feature request

Tell us your ideas to make TorrentRover better.
smaragdus
New User
New User
Sex:Male
A very tiny feature request

Post by smaragdus » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:27 am

Hi there,

I would suggest a very tiny new feature- an option that TorrentRover remembers its last desktop position- this is not possible with TorrentRover version 0.22.7 Beta and any time I start TorrentRover I need to manually set the preferred position.

Regards

John
Owner
Owner

Re: A very tiny feature request

Post by John » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:45 am

TorrentRover does remember its size, the size of all its elements, and if it was maximized or normal. Windows is responsible for window placement. In fact, I believe XP did what you're describing. Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 do not.

However... I will look into manual window positioning and see if it can be added. Let me see what I can find. I'll get back to you ASAP.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

John
Owner
Owner

Post by John » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:33 am

Alright, it can definitely be done. I'll add it as soon as I get a free minute. It should be in the next release. It'll be an option (just in case someone wants to disable it), but it'll be enabled by default. I can't see why it wouldn't be a nice option to have.

Thank you for the request!
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

John
Owner
Owner

Post by John » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:26 pm

Your feature is implemented in version 0.22.8 and it is now available on our website.

Please let us know how it works for you and what you think.

TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

smaragdus
New User
New User

Post by smaragdus » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi John,

Yes, you are right, I am using TorrentRover on Windows 8 (which, In fact, I don't like, I mean Windows 8, not TorrentRover :) ).
Thank you for taking your time to answer me and to check whether what I suggested can be implemented.

By the way I have just seen that there is a new release of TorrentRover - 0.22.8, I will download, install and test it.

Many thanks and all the best to you and all your projects!

Regards

smaragdus
New User
New User

Post by smaragdus » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:31 pm

It's me again. I downloaded, installed and tested the latest version of TorrentRover- 0.22.8 Beta but I didn't find the desktop position option in 'Preferences'. However this is not important at all.

Regards

John
Owner
Owner

Post by John » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Yeah, I didn't really see a need to put an option in preferences. TorrentRover just puts itself back where it last closed by default. If anyone ever complains, I'll add the option in to disable it, but I can't see why anyone wouldn't want it. It's smart enough to put itself inside the viewable area of the screen, just in case you change your resolution or get a smaller monitor. It's pretty smart.

Since it wasn't supported in 0.22.7, you'll have to open the new version (0.22.8), close it, and re-open again before you'll see it. It's actually really nice if you like to snap TorrentRover to the side of the screen (Win + Left or Win + Right) since it'll appear pinned when you open it next time.

TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

paul9
New User
New User

Post by paul9 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:02 am

i am very happy........ :roll: :lol: