TorrentRover showing no search results

Get help with TorrentRover problems or crashes.

TorrentRover showing no search results

Postby sjh962 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:17 pm

No matter what I put in as a search, I receive no results. This is a recent issue, within the last couple of days. I upgraded to the latest version 1.3.0, same problem.
sjh962
10+ Posts
10+ Posts
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:15 pm

Re: TorrentRover showing no search results

Postby patriot1314 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:01 am

I'm having the same problem, tried all the recommended fixes but nothing seems to work
patriot1314
New User
New User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:00 am

Re: TorrentRover showing no search results

Postby John » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:56 am

When you enter a search, it should appear in the Rovers list, the list of things you're looking for in the top half of the main UI. If you double click the Rover, you'll get an Edit Rover window. Make sure you have selected multiple search engines on the right wise. Click OK.

If that didn't work, you might want to try Help -> Check for Definition Updates. This should ensure you have all the latest search site definitions.

If that still doesn't work, are you using a VPN? It's possible that certain VPNs aren't allowing you to connect to some sites. I've seen issues with ExpressVPN in the past.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube
User avatar
John
Owner
Owner
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:56 am
Sex: Male
Yahoo Messenger: john61484@yahoo.com
Location: Warsaw, Ohio
Facebook: JohnLoperII
Twitter: JohnLoperII

Re: TorrentRover showing no search results

Postby patriot1314 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:46 pm

John, Thanks for that, I did as you said and only one box was ticked. I ticked all of them and still showing 0 results from 1 search. Checked for definition updates and I have the latest one.

I usually use Windscribe but I tried it without and still the same.

I much appreciate your help although it's still the same.

Many Thanks
patriot1314
New User
New User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:00 am

Re: TorrentRover showing no search results

Postby patriot1314 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:50 pm

Hold that result!

After a few false starts it seems to be working again, many thanks for your help
patriot1314
New User
New User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:00 am

Re: TorrentRover showing no search results

Postby John » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:47 pm

I'm glad it's working for you. Please be aware that the sites you can select in Preferences do NOT affect Rovers that have already been created. Each Rover has its own stored Search Sites which can be changed.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube
User avatar
John
Owner
Owner
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:56 am
Sex: Male
Yahoo Messenger: john61484@yahoo.com
Location: Warsaw, Ohio
Facebook: JohnLoperII
Twitter: JohnLoperII


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests