TorrentRover Won't Download .torrent files

Get help with TorrentRover problems or crashes.
sjh962
10+ Posts
10+ Posts
TorrentRover Won't Download .torrent files

Post by sjh962 » Sun May 13, 2018 2:59 pm

I just installed TorrentRover 1.2.7 on a clean install of Windows 10 and when I click on a torrent that I want to download, it opens the window where it usually downloads the .torrent file, but instead of downloading, it just sits there. If I click OK, it puts the torrent in uTorrent, but there are no seeders. I went to the folder where it puts the .torrent files and the torrent isn't there. I have tried several different searches with the same results. Any help would be appreciated.

John
Owner
Owner
Sex:Male

Re: TorrentRover Won't Download .torrent files

Post by John » Sun May 13, 2018 5:17 pm

First off, let me clear up a common misconception. TorrentRover is a search a download tool for torrent files, but it's not a full torrent client. In other words, you still need a torrent client (e.g. uTorrent) to download the torrent contents. TorrentRover helps you find what you're looking for.

Secondly, if you open the torrent in uTorrent and there are no seeders, that just means that the torrent doesn't have anyone with a complete copy uploading at the moment. There's nothing wrong with TorrentRover here. It's just a dead torrent.

Lastly, there is a feature in TorrentRover to hide these "dead" torrent results though. Go to Tools -> Preferences -> Filtering (tab) -> Torrent Quality (section) -> Remove peerless torrents... and Remove seedless torrents... See the screenshot below.

Remove seedless results.png
Remove seedless results.png (78.85KiB)Viewed 24706 times
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

sjh962
10+ Posts
10+ Posts

Post by sjh962 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:44 pm

I guess I didn't explain what it was doing well enough. It was going to uTorrent, but wouldn't complete the download of the .torrent file. and there were seeders listed for all of the torrents I attempted to download. The way I fixed it was to do a reinstall of uTorrent.

John
Owner
Owner

Post by John » Sun May 13, 2018 10:15 pm

So you did get it worked out then? Was it a uTorrent issue? I'm glad you got it working.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

GSMM
New User
New User

Post by GSMM » Mon May 28, 2018 6:06 pm

The torrent world is moving away fro torrent files and trackers to magnet links, so I don't get a download of a "torrent link" at the start either. It automatically opens my default magnet program, which is Shareaza. Altho I have tried to make utorrent the default. Once a connection is found I find the torrent link sitting in my Shareaza folder. I've also found the same with utorrent, but hunting in the Users folders (W8.0) is something nerve-wracking. Those sites need to specifically tell us on their pages that that are not providing torrent links anymore.

John
Owner
Owner

Post by John » Tue May 29, 2018 8:28 am

Yes, the torrent world is moving away from torrent files. Are you trying to switch off of Shareaza to uTorrent? Inside the General tab of the uTorrent Preferences, you should find a button that says "Associate with torrent files". I know it doesn't say it, but I believe this will associate uTorrent With magnet links as well. If not, you may just need to reinstall uTorrent and make sure to select the options to associate with magnet links and torrent files. Or you could just uninstall Shareaza.

TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube