Safest way to download torrent ?

Chat about TorrentRover and related topics.
jameshouston135
New User
New User
Safest way to download torrent ?

Post by jameshouston135 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:02 am

I would like to be able to torrents, but I'd be able to do that without being caught. What is the safest you can customize. Yes, and it is the safest and the least chance of getting, it is not best to load faster or better, to save the torrent community.

John
Owner
Owner
Sex:Male

Re: Safest way to download torrent ?

Post by John » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:48 am

The safest way to download would be to pay for a VPN service. https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-anonymous-review-160220/

To download the torrent file anonymously, use TorrentRover's proxy feature (Preferences -> Advanced -> Proxy). Set it to Always for maximum protection.

Another tool that can be useful but there is some dispute over is PeerBlock. The reason its usefulness is in doubt is because it will not hide your IP from other people in the swarm, but it will prevent you from connecting to any malicious or government IP address. So the risk is that your IP address could still be tracked, but they will never be able to prove you took part in the download. You could claim that you were monitoring the swarm, the same as them.

Personallly I just use PeerBlock and the Proxy feature in TorrentRover, and I've never had a problem, but you may have a different experience.

What country are you living in?
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

malick
New User
New User

Post by malick » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:00 am

well james the "John" have already give you the better reply about the safest vpn because some times i also follow "torrentfreak" for getting good analysis report. However i am currently using express vpn for the safest download of torrent and i got this that idea after reading a torrent article from "VPNRanks" further more PIA is one of the best torrent vpn.

enewbold
New User
New User

Post by enewbold » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:36 pm

I'm very new to this, so bear with me, please. You mentioned PeerBlock. Is that built into TR somewhere or is it something one must download and plugin? I live in the USA, and right now I'm not too worried about downloading, but I can see some value in this PeerBlock thing. Thanks very much.

John
Owner
Owner

Post by John » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:36 pm

It's a 3rd party tool that you can download for free. The link is available in TorrentRover though. Open Tools -> Preferences and click on Show "Get Prepared" Now button.

Preferences.png
Preferences.png (139.48KiB)Viewed 20877 times

Then just click the link to get the PeerBlock.

Get Prepared.png
Get Prepared.png (133.4KiB)Viewed 20877 times
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

markhascole
New User
New User

Post by markhascole » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:06 am

VPN is the safest way for downloading torrent especially with reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.