Cannot install

Get help with TorrentRover problems or crashes.
Venivik
New User
New User
Sex:Male
Cannot install

Post by Venivik » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi, I've searched through the forum and I hope I'm not double posting.

I did a clean install of windows and now I can't re install the program. Win 10 64 bit. Problem with both regular and portable.

The install says I need to install framework 3.5 sp1. I went through everything I could on installing every framework installation, the windows cleanup tool and reinstall. I can't skip the install because then it says installation failed. If I do install it, it asks for a restart. Then when the computer starts up, the installation comes back. That cycle continues. The rover never actually gets to install. Is there a way to override the framework install or a pure program installer?

John
Owner
Owner

Re: Cannot install

Post by John » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:06 am

Windows 10 doesn't support .NET 3.5 by default, but it's in Programs and Features and you can just enable it. Click Start and type "Turn Windows features on or off". This will find what you need. Then just select .NET Framework 3.5 and click ok. Now you should be able to use TorrentRover.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

Mark_Lafrance
New User
New User

Re: Cannot install

Post by Mark_Lafrance » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:36 am

Thanks friend for sharing the guidance. :)