Can't connect to search engine

Get help with TorrentRover problems or crashes.
Sharky1
New User
New User
Can't connect to search engine

Post by Sharky1 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:14 am

I have just installed and run V1.0.6 Beta, and I get a 'request to failed, on all the search engines. I have peerblock installed, but even with that turned off, I still get the error message.

John
Owner
Owner
Sex:Male

Re: Can't connect to search engine

Post by John » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:23 am

Do you live in a country where those search engine sites are normally blocked? If so, go to Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced (tab) -> Proxy, and change the Proxy option to Preferred or Always. This should allow you to get around the blocked sites.

If it's already set to Preferred or Always On, try setting it to When Necessary, and let me know. Maybe something changed on the Proxy service that I need to fix.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

cepage1ca
New User
New User

Post by cepage1ca » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi, I just installed the latest version and now when I open torrentrover and type an item in the search bar and hit search the item disappears and nothing happens. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the same result. I also tried to load an older version and it just downloads the newest version with the same results.

John
Owner
Owner

Post by John » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:03 am

Try Help -> Check for Definition Updates. You may need to restart TorrentRover for the changes to take effect.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube