no search results

Get help with TorrentRover problems or crashes.

no search results

Postby cfc14me » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:10 am

Hi room
I am not getting any results for my searches,even bowie and beatles are getting no results!!
I have tried all the suggestions in the forums,but to no avail!
can anyone help?

regards
cfc14me
New User
New User
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:51 am
Sex: Male

Re: no search results

Postby John » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:17 am

Sorry you're having this problem.

This is basically the complete step by step guide to troubleshooting results issues. I hope this helps!

1. Make sure you have the latest version of TorrentRover.
Click on Help -> Check for App Updates. The latest public version at the time of this post is 0.23.4.

2. Make sure you have the latest definitions
Click on Help -> Check for Definition Updates. I did just update the KickAss Torrents definition like 6 hours ago. :D

3. Make sure you try a test search that's sure to get results.
Use the quick search box for the test. I recommend "Ubuntu" since it's legal and gets results on all sites that I'm aware of. I just ran it and got results from all 4 sites.

4. Make sure you are using enough sites.
Go to Tools -> Preferences -> Searching (tab). There are 2 tabs here, one for the quick search box on the main window, and the other sets the defaults for the "Add Rover" window (advanced search). If you make your searches too specific, TorrentRover may filter results you would see otherwise. If you don't select a site, TorrentRover just doesn't search it.

5. Make sure you can get access to the sites with a web browser...
https://thepiratebay.mn/
https://kat.cr/
http://bitsnoop.com/
https://isohunt.to/

If you have access to these, skip to the next step.
If you don't have access to all these, you may want to use the Proxy option in Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced (tab) -> Proxy (section). Read the info in the blue info bubble, and pick a proxy option. I would recommend Preferred if some of your sites work, and Always if none work.

6. If you still don't have results, you may have a firewall, antivirus, and ISP problem.

What version of TorrentRover are you using?
What version of Windows are you using?
What antivirus and firewall programs are you using?
What country do you live in?

If nothing has worked, let me know. And if you want to, I can remotely help you out.
http://www.torrentrover.com/help/remote-assistance/
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube
User avatar
John
Owner
Owner
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:56 am
Sex: Male
Yahoo Messenger: john61484@yahoo.com
Location: Warsaw, Ohio
Facebook: JohnLoperII
Twitter: JohnLoperII

Re: no search results

Postby cfc14me » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:20 am

Hi guys
tried all that was suggested, still no joy!

help please!!!

DP
cfc14me
New User
New User
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:51 am
Sex: Male

Re: no search results

Postby John » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:49 am

Did you try the proxy settings?

What version of TorrentRover are you using?
What version of Windows are you using?
What antivirus and firewall programs are you using?
What country do you live in?

Would you like me to help you remotely? If so, follow the link at the bottom of my post above. When you submit the remote assistance info, I'll help you out.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube
User avatar
John
Owner
Owner
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:56 am
Sex: Male
Yahoo Messenger: john61484@yahoo.com
Location: Warsaw, Ohio
Facebook: JohnLoperII
Twitter: JohnLoperII

Re: no search results

Postby cfc14me » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:28 am

hi
I checked all the above, proxy settings etc, and I am using the latest version of TR,and I am using Windows 8,having tried 10 and reverted back.

I used the link, and signed up;help please!

I use Kaspersky,and I have had no trouble using TR up until recently.

regards

David
cfc14me
New User
New User
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:51 am
Sex: Male

Re: no search results

Postby John » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:34 pm

I'm so sorry about this. The proxy is no longer working properly because Anonymouse.org no longer supplies free proxied pages when the page is using ssl/https. We have a new working proxy in our dev version, but it's not released yet. Please be patient. I'll do my best to get it out this week.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube
User avatar
John
Owner
Owner
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:56 am
Sex: Male
Yahoo Messenger: john61484@yahoo.com
Location: Warsaw, Ohio
Facebook: JohnLoperII
Twitter: JohnLoperII

Re: no search results

Postby cfc14me » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:43 am

hi

no worries let me know if you can
regards

DP
cfc14me
New User
New User
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:51 am
Sex: Male

Re: no search results

Postby John » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:18 pm

Will do.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube
User avatar
John
Owner
Owner
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:56 am
Sex: Male
Yahoo Messenger: john61484@yahoo.com
Location: Warsaw, Ohio
Facebook: JohnLoperII
Twitter: JohnLoperII

Re: no search results

Postby cfc14me » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:57 am

hi

any news?

regards

David
cfc14me
New User
New User
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:51 am
Sex: Male

Re: no search results

Postby John » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:51 am

Your message came at the perfect time. I've been working on another project, but I am done with that project now, and I'm going to release a new version of TorrentRover this week. I've already got the new proxy service working in my dev version. I will release it to the public this week.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube
User avatar
John
Owner
Owner
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:56 am
Sex: Male
Yahoo Messenger: john61484@yahoo.com
Location: Warsaw, Ohio
Facebook: JohnLoperII
Twitter: JohnLoperII


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests