RSS Support

Tell us your ideas to make TorrentRover better.
starstuff
New User
New User
RSS Support

Post by starstuff » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:30 pm

Hello TR Team!

im using rss in utorrent to keep me updated and found it indispensable. i would like to request TorrentRover to support rss feeds that is designed for torrent/magnet links specifically ( i tried using a general rss client before and its hard to use for torrent/magnet links). im thinking the rss would be part of TR and you can search the rss and the other sites.

example.
1. i added a torrent rss feeds that display a list of tv shows.
2. in TR i searched for a tv show that my friend told me about.
3. in TR it will show the collected search result for rss and search

something like this

Torrent Title TV Shows
RSS: 1 Result
---------------------
TV Show Name S01E01 The Request

TR: 100 Results
---------------------
TV ShowName S01E02 The Haunthing
Show Name S01E01 The Request
.....etc....

Thank You Very Much!

John
Owner
Owner
Sex:Male

Re: RSS Support

Post by John » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:48 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. It's a nice idea, but I'm not sure it fits well with the overall purpose behind TorrentRover.

Let me explain...

Part of the reason I wrote TorrentRover in the first place was because of unreliable torrent RSS feeds. I was tired of feeds stopping, missing episodes, or just putting out torrents really late. I designed TorrentRover's weekly downloading feature so that it would be able to download shows automatically. It saves time and avoids the problems with RSS feeds. Adding RSS feeds back into the mix seems like a step backwards to me. I'm always happy to improve the current functionality if you have a problem, but I don't see the value of adding RSS feed searching at this time.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube