PC freezes

Get help with TorrentRover problems or crashes.
razor1
New User
New User
Sex:Male
PC freezes

Post by razor1 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:38 am

I've used this program with good results for some time. Yesterday, when I opened the program, my pc froze up to the point where I had to unplug my pc to restart. I do not have the issue with any other programs. Any ideas?

I have the newest version, I even uninstalled and reinstalled an older version, still not able to run.

John
Owner
Owner

Re: PC freezes

Post by John » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Do you know how to open Task Manager? Right click on the taskbar, and click "Start Task Manager". Switch to Details view and scroll down to TorrentRover (or where TorrentRover would be alphabetically), and then start TorrentRover. Does the memory (RAM) usage keep growing until the PC is unusable? Or does it just lock up immediately?
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

razor1
New User
New User

Post by razor1 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:50 am

CPU usage is in the 90% range......

I ended up deleting the .trf file, and it seemed to fix the issue, so far. I've added a couple of searches back, and for a moment, it runs slow again, but it isn't locking up.

Could it be that it's trying to search for too much?

John
Owner
Owner

Post by John » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:04 am

It's possible, but it should search, get the results, and then stop searching. If you select a Rover with zero search results, it will research as long as it wasn't updated in the last sixty seconds. I run over 100 Rovers, some of them weekly, and for me, TorrentRover takes about 10-40% CPU while it loads up and scores the results, then once it's resting, it sits at about 5-8% CPU and 185MB RAM.

You said you were on the latest version. Is that 1.2.2?
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube