TorrentRover won't install - GoogleDrive/documents

Get help with TorrentRover problems or crashes.
pats02
New User
New User
Sex:Male
TorrentRover won't install - GoogleDrive/documents

Post by pats02 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:17 pm

When I run the TorrentRoverSetup exe - it states that "an app wants to make changes to : 19e187c.msi ". I select yes and it produces the following error message : "An error occurred trying to create directory : C\Users\User\GoogleDrive\Documents." This directory already exists as I created When using GoogleDrive in the past. Why is TorrentRoverSetup trying to access this private dir which is also Read Only ? How do I get TorrentRover to install ?
I would be grateful for any help ?

John
Owner
Owner
Sex:Male

Re: TorrentRover won't install - GoogleDrive/documents

Post by John » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:13 pm

The Google Drive part has me a little confused. The installer puts a portable (backup) torrent client into Documents\TorrentRover\uTorrent. Maybe you have your default Documents location set to Google Drive\Documents??? If that's your default Documents location, that's why it's trying to install there.

There are a couple possible solutions here.
1. If Google Drive\Documents is your default documents location (library folder), you can either change it or remove the read-only attribute. This should allow the installer to work.
2. Download TorrentRover Portable from torrentrover.com and extract it to a thumb/usb drive (or at least don't put it in Program Files (x86)).

Let me know how it goes. I hope it works for you.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube