Results filter

Get help with TorrentRover problems or crashes.
ddkr
New User
New User
Results filter

Post by ddkr » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:53 pm

Can you add a text filter capability to the results. Often the results have tons of stuff including many which are the item I am looking for. However the potential ones I want are lost amongst all the other results. Being able to filter for some specific text would solve this. Thx.

John
Owner
Owner
Sex:Male

Re: Results filter

Post by John » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:53 pm

Good idea. I think I can do that fairly easily. I'll try to get it into the next version for you!
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

ddkr
New User
New User

Post by ddkr » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:57 pm

Many thanks. 1.0.7 says "Added the ability to quick search inside torrent grid (user request) so I'm gussing this is it.
I just got back to this, downloaded 1.0.9 beta. I'm darned if I can see any way to search/filter the results grid. What am I doing wrong?

John
Owner
Owner

Post by John » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:41 am

It's really more of a "search in torrents" than a filter. Nothing is removed from the list. What you do is select a torrent (focus the torrent list), and start typing. The selected torrent should change to the first torrent that matches what you're typing. It works the same was as the "search in Rovers" works.

I just tried it, and it's working in version 1.0.9.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

ddkr
New User
New User

Post by ddkr » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Ah, I see. Yes that works, but is something different to what I was after.
Could I ask again for a filter in the Results grid. So for example, if the results included entries like "Season 1 complete", "S01E04","S01E05", "Season 1 episode 4" etc and I only want episode 4, I could filter for "4" and have the list filtered to just the two entries that have a 4 in their text.
Thanks again

John
Owner
Owner

Post by John » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:56 pm

These kinds of filters are already built in if you specify the season, episode, formats, and HowOften for an advanced search. TorrentRover will automatically filter out results that are the wrong season, episode, or format. See the picture below (just an example).
Add New.png
Add New.png (32.94KiB)Viewed 12107 times
Notice the format selections on the right. If you don't want "Season #" results, just uncheck Season SS, Season S, sSS, and sS, which are different season search formats. With the formats selected above, here is what I get.
Torrent Results.png
Torrent Results.png (112.96KiB)Viewed 12107 times
If any results don't match your season, episode, and formats, they will be filtered out of the results. Notice the Format column so you can see what format was matched for the result to be shown. And you can always right click and choose Edit Rover to change the formats.

TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

ddkr
New User
New User

Post by ddkr » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:15 pm

I hadn't really delved that deep into the clever logic you had available. Was just thinking simple universal methods like text match filtering. Certainly for episodal downloads, what you have is the way to go.
I still think a text filter would be useful though in other ways. For example, I might decide to download the torrent that says it is in 1080 format (accoring to the Title) rather than one thats only 720 or 480. In that case I would filter for 1080.
Its not quite such a need now though given your episodal capability. Maybe something you could consider for the future.
Thanks again

John
Owner
Owner

Post by John » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:23 am

I may later add a true torrent filter (and rover filter). But I think a search that selects the torrent is good enough for now.

Just FYI, resolution is another option in the Add/Edit Rover. If you set the Category to TV, Movies, or Anime, you can select a resolution to filter results by.

I guess what I'm saying is if you tell TorrentRover what you are really looking for, it can find just that thing. You will have less need to filter the results afterwards.

But I will put the search filter on my To-Do list. I'll get to it eventually. Thank you for the request!

TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube