Recent update

Get help with TorrentRover problems or crashes.
mgd1992
New User
New User
Recent update

Post by mgd1992 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:26 pm

I am confused with the new pay for download screen. The downloads fail at least 50% of the time. Why would I pay for that ?

John
Owner
Owner
Sex:Male

Re: Recent update

Post by John » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:05 pm

I'm sorry if you're having trouble downloading.

The downloads are probably failing, and the Get More Downloads screen popping up, because you're out of free downloads for the day.

TorrentRover allows 3 free downloads per day. Once you go over that limit, you must wait until the next day (12AM Eastern Standard Time), or you can get more downloads from the Get More Downloads (reward/payment) screen.

TorrentRover is still free to use, but we decided to limit it, not to upset anyone, but because we wanted to get the word out, and we can't do that without help from our users. The reward/payment screen isn't to try to force people to pay. If you don't want to pay, the sharing rewards are very easy and only take about 30 seconds. And you get a week of unlimited use. Seems like a great deal to me. If you'd rather support TorrentRover financially (or don't want to be bothered to share every week), you may choose to pay. We're not out to get you. We just need your help.

Having said that, the only downloads I've seen not work properly are torrents on KickAssTorrents that are no longer on TorCache (their torrent proxy/provider) and those are very rare. All the other sites should work fine.

If you have free downloads left and you find a torrent that won't download, please give me the details of the torrent, and I'll try to figure out why it isn't working.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube