Peer Connection Problem

Get help with TorrentRover problems or crashes.
Irish 61
New User
New User
Peer Connection Problem

Post by Irish 61 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:50 pm

Just installed v0.23.0Beta. Appear to download Torrents correctly. VUZE not able to complete download claiming "Not connected to peer when downloading"
Running Windows 7 64Bit

John
Owner
Owner
Sex:Male

Re: Peer Connection Problem

Post by John » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:57 am

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I wish I could help, but this sounds like a Vuze problem to me.

Vuze is a lot more complicated and less user friendly (in my opinion) than uTorrent. I hate the ads that have recently been added to uTorrent, but these can be removed easily. Also, I should say that I'm NOT paid to suggest uTorrent... but I suggest uTorrent! It's much simpler and works pretty well. There's only a few things I've found that uTorrent can't do. It can't handle certain large piece sizes, and it won't open certain torrents made by older tools. They claim it's a security issue, but they could ask you what you want to do instead of just giving an error. Anyways, you'll probably never run into these problems.

That's my advice. I recommend TorrentRover, uTorrent, and PeerBlock to anyone new to bittorrent. Get them. Learn them. Love them. Enjoy.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

BTGbullseye
10+ Posts
10+ Posts

Post by BTGbullseye » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:31 pm

You might also want to try Tixati... It's my current go-to torrenting program. (I hated the μTorrent ads so much that I looked for a different program)

John
Owner
Owner

Post by John » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:04 pm

Hey BTGbullseye, I made a video to help you get rid of those uTorrent ads...

A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

BTGbullseye
10+ Posts
10+ Posts

Post by BTGbullseye » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:52 pm

Very nicely done tutorial video!