False Positives?

Get help with TorrentRover problems or crashes.
darthflan
New User
New User
Sex:Male
False Positives?

Post by darthflan » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:10 am

Hi Guys!
Im having some issues with some torrents getting false Positives, downloading the false positives, then moving on to the next episode. Before you know it I have 5 or six of the 'Wrong' episodes downloaded.

Example:
I have Sister Wives (dont Judge :) set to go S05E12 ... For some reason It decides to download Breaking bad?? See below.

What am I doing wrong?
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (101.92KiB)Viewed 8956 times

John
Owner
Owner

Re: False Positives?

Post by John » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:24 am

I'm sorry it has taken me a week to reply. Apparently I'm not being notified of new posts anymore. Sorry about that.

Ok, I've looked into your issue. Your problem appears to be caused by the combination of 2 problems.

1. This only happens with IsoHunt because they return non matching results for some reason. It's obvious that IsoHunt is treating any show with the same season/episode code as a partial match, which is WRONG. Bad IsoHunt!

2. It looks like you set your auto download limit pretty low.

This combination means that you'll get shows other than the one you're actually looking for (IsoHunt) and then TorrentRover will download them (auto download limit). I've had similar issues with IsoHunt in the past, so you're not alone.

Here's what you can do:

1. Edit the Rover and raise the auto download limit a bit. Based on your image, I'd assume you set it to 50. I wouldn't set it under about 80 if you want good torrents, but that may mean you have to manually download a result sometimes. It depends on the show. A show like Sister Wives (which I also watch, no judging here) is less popular than a show like Big Bang Theory or Blacklist, so the scores are lower. You should adjust the auto download limit accordingly, but setting it too low will result in the issue you're having, downloading the wrong shows.
Auto Download Limit.png
Auto Download Limit.png (38.43KiB)Viewed 8929 times
2. You could avoid using IsoHunt, at least for Rovers that auto download.
Search Sites.png
Search Sites.png (38.52KiB)Viewed 8929 times
There are also a few things I WILL do to improve TR so this won't happen in the future:

1. I will be hiding any result that matches ONLY the season/episode code. If a result doesn't match any of the main search terms, it's pretty obvious it's a false match.

2. I will go back to the scoring code and fix whatever is causing so many points to be given when a result doesn't match all the search terms. A partial match should not get that many points.

I hope this helps. I'll get those fixes into the code base today, and version 0.22.12 should be available this week sometime. I'm still fixing some issues in the new Daily Rover logic...
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

darthflan
New User
New User

Post by darthflan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:31 am

Thanks for the Reply! Ill try those suggestions.

BTW I donated via Paypal...Thanks for the Great program!!

Mike

John
Owner
Owner

Post by John » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:17 am

Thank you SO much for the donation. You're the first in over a month now!

Anyways, version 0.23.0 is out now, and it fixes this problem in code. If the Rover is a Weekly or Daily Rover, and if there are no matching search terms other than the season/episode code, the result is removed. This prevents other shows from showing up in your results and being downloaded by accident.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube