Color Scheme

Get help with TorrentRover problems or crashes.
bobbfrommn
New User
New User
Color Scheme

Post by bobbfrommn » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:18 am

OK so I've downloaded TR, seems like a useful program but there is one thing I can't figure out and that is the color scheme when you have multiple searches. I've got green ovals, grey ovals, orange ovals, but they aren't consistent. Some of the searches are on hold (nice feature) until the program returns, some I know I downloaded the most current, some have back episodes I didn't download yet. However I can't figure out the pattern.

John
Owner
Owner
Sex:Male

Re: Color Scheme

Post by John » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:51 am

Sorry about the confusing color scheme. The colors refer to the "timing" of the Rover. These colors are meant to help you find Rovers you haven't downloaded from yet (pink and red) and Rovers that are finished (green). If you look in Tools -> Preferences -> Timing, you'll see the Timing Categories (New = light gray, Current = gray, Late = pink, Very Late = red). Finished Rovers are green. You can even define the limitations of each category and set the search frequency of the categories. In other words you can decide "New" should refer to any Rover less than 24 hours old and it should refresh every .25 hours (15 minutes).

I'm going to add a color code explanation to that Timing tab to make it easier to understand in future versions.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

John
Owner
Owner
Sex:Male

Post by John » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:10 pm

I have made a change that I think should make this a little easier to understand. This is what the next Preferences -> Timing tab will look like. It's already tested and working in the latest developer build. It'll be available to the public very soon.
Timings.png
Preferences Timing Tab
Timings.png (66.96KiB)Viewed 9507 times
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

bobbfrommn
New User
New User

Post by bobbfrommn » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:54 am

Much more clear, thanks!