search engines/sites

Get help with TorrentRover problems or crashes.
ivornovello
New User
New User
Sex:Male
search engines/sites

Post by ivornovello » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi John,

Whatever way I create in the settings any search I make only gives results from isohunt. No idea why only isohunt. Can you help? In Preferences I have all Search Engines ticked but only isohunt in Results whatever movie I look for. Any ideas...?

John
Owner
Owner

Re: search engines/sites

Post by John » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:40 pm

Make sure you can connect to the other search engines from your country and ISP. Try to go to these sites:

http://www.thepiratebay.se
http://www.kickass.to

If you have any trouble connecting to these sites, you may want to try the Proxy option (to get around the block) in Preferences -> Advanced -> Proxy.

It's also possible that the movie you're searching for just doesn't have results on the other sites.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

ivornovello
New User
New User

Post by ivornovello » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:19 am

Thanks John,

I'm in the UK and have found in the past couple of years that the search engine sites accessible is gradually being reduced, not surprisingly. When I try the two sites you give I get 'Error - site blocked' on whatever browser I use.
I went to the Proxy option as you suggested which was set at 'When necessary', and changed it to 'Always'...end of problem! All search engines now being used.
Much appreciated, John.

keemi1122
New User
New User

Post by keemi1122 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:58 am

I went to the Proxy option as you suggested which was set at 'When necessary', and changed it to 'Always'...end of problem! All search engines now being used.....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!