Incorrect file sizes in search results

Report bugs here. If you're not sure of the cause, use the troubleshooting forum instead.
John
Owner
Owner
Sex:Male
Re: Incorrect file sizes in search results

Post by John » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:14 pm

The issue with the file sizes is not that the file size isn't displayed correctly. It's how the file size is parsed from the search site. If the torrent file size is displayed as "1,230GB", this looks like 1230GB to TorrentRover, but if you treat the comma as a decimal separator, it's 1.23GB, not 1230GB.

I added code to be able to interpret the file sizes differently but it must be turned on. There are 2 places that need to be turned on. One is in Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced (tab) -> Decimal Separator (section). This allows the code to run on your machine, but I can still disable it for each individual search site as a precaution, in case it something doesn't work properly. I have enabled the feature on all the sites for now.

So just do the following...
1. Enable the Decimal Separator option in Preferences.
2. Run Help -> Check for Definition Updates.

Tell me if you notice any improvement.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

pstrg
New User
New User

Post by pstrg » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:09 am

Did as directed.
Searched for "Accident Losey", a movie that takes about 600 MB. Found five occurrences - four showed 67,30GB (ExtraTorrents, KickAss, PirateBay, TorrentDownloads), one showed the correct 689,00MB (TorrentProject).

After one minute or two, CPU rises with TorrentRover taking 55% CPU while idle.

John
Owner
Owner
Sex:Male

Post by John » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:59 pm

To fix the file size issue, I'm going to have to run the searches through a Proxy server in Brazil so I can see what you are actually getting. Otherwise, I'm only guessing. Once I get this worked out, I'll do a patch release to fix the problem.

Thank you so much for bringing the issue to my attention. I will get it fixed for you.

As for your performance concern, TorrentRover uses extra CPU when it first opens to calculate all the Points and to update all the search results that are old. Once it finishes this initial process, it should use very little CPU and the memory usage should stop growing. I have a pretty large TorrentRover file, and my memory usage usually stops around 250-300MB.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube