Install failure

Report bugs here. If you're not sure of the cause, use the troubleshooting forum instead.
PH2016
New User
New User
Install failure

Post by PH2016 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:00 am

I have tried to install four times and none have been successful. Win7 with up to date updates, and 64bit processor. I normally have no problems installing. There is an error message that pops up which says data path not found.

I am willing to give it another go but only the one.

PH

John
Owner
Owner
Sex:Male

Re: Install failure

Post by John » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:40 am

I don't know anything specifically about your "data path not found", but I'd be happy to help you get it figured out.

First, make sure you download the latest version of TorrentRover from TorrentRover.com.

Next, make sure you have NET 3.5 SP1. You say you have Windows 7, so you need to make sure the .NET Framework windows feature is enabled.

- In Windows 7 (and maybe Vista) and newer you just turn it on in "Turn Windows Features on or off". Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Now click on "Turn Windows Features on or off" on the left sidebar. Find and make sure "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1" is selected. You may have to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

- In older versions of Windows, use the installer here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... aspx?id=22.

Now, go ahead and uninstall TorrentRover if it appears in Control Panel -> Programs and Features list.

Now, delete the TorrentRover settings folder. Open an Explorer (File Explorer in later version of Windows) and type "%localappdata%" (without the quotes) into the address bar and hit Enter. Now Delete the TorrentRover folder if present.

Now restart your computer to make sure everything is working properly and updated.

Now install TorrentRover. Again make sure you use an installer downloaded from TorrentRover.com.
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube

John
Owner
Owner
Sex:Male

Re: Install failure

Post by John » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:32 am

What version of Windows do you have?
What version of TorrentRover did you download?
Where did you download TorrentRover from?

The installed version of TorrentRover (the normal version), should have a screen that looks like this:
Installed Location.png
Installed Location.png (15.75KiB)Viewed 16223 times
And the portable version of TorrentRover should have a screen that looks like this:
Portable Location.png
Portable Location.png (3.33KiB)Viewed 16223 times
A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

TorrentRover exists primarily on donations... Please donate!
TorrentRover on Facebook
TorrentRover on Twitter
TorrentRover on YouTube